“I don’t want to offend anybody. I used to believe in ‘it’ but eerrmm, I did my own research and I think ‘it’ was made up but I might be wrong, but by my own research, it was made up. Because the same story 5000 years ago happened in Egypt…”
This is what Belinda Ekua Amoah aka Mzbel said during an interview on the TV programme Restoration. She expressed confident in the fictitiousness of Jesus Christ, comparing his story to that of Horus, an ancient Egyptian god. She said the similarities are to blatant to ignore.
“I used to believe in ‘it’, I prayed in tongues. I can pray in tongue right now. I actually prayed in my room one time until the room was filled up in smoke…but now trust me, I will not believe in it anymore.”
Following her statements, social media has hosted some harsh criticism from her fellow citizens of the staunchly Christian west African country. But even through this, she stood her ground on Twitter.